What is storage on demand?
It is a subscription service for the temporary storage of any belongings that are taking up room, but which you do not wish to throw out, sell or give away. It is a comprehensive service, because you never have to make a trip at any time: we deliver the empty containers, you fill them, we collect them, we store them, and finally, we return them to the place you choose. In practice, there is no need to rent an entire storage unit you never fill completely; you just pay for the space occupied by your boxes, furniture, home appliances and/or outsized objects. No need to make a trip: KnoxBox ensures you gain space without moving from your house. It is an "all-inclusive service" (delivery of flat boxes, the first collection of the boxes you have filled, customised storage, return of the boxes and insurance of your belongings all included in our prices).
What happens if I need additional transport?
Very often, when we come to collect the boxes from your home, it turns out that you need additional transportation for a chest of drawers, a household appliance or a bed. These are what we call outsized objects. For all specific requests, our customer service is on hand by telephone on +33 (0)1 43 07 13 04, Mondays to Fridays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., by email to email@example.com and via instant messaging.
Where is your storage site?
To guarantee the security of your belongings, we have chosen a secure warehouse in the very heart of Paris, originally designed to safely protect ultra-sensitive documents. Our warehouse is located in the former archives of the Paris police headquarters in the 12th arrondissement of Paris, 300m from the Gare de Lyon railway station. However, if you want to come and check various items in your boxes, you can periodically come and take a look just by making an appointment 24 hours beforehand (by email at firstname.lastname@example.org). Nonetheless, the idea is that you don't have to travel anywhere, and that we make life easier for you. Our client reception area is open from Mondays to Fridays, from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., and Saturdays from 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
What can I store with KnoxBox?
Every stage in life and every change in situation creates an occasion to call on KnoxBox. Here are a few examples:
- You are a student from the provinces or abroad living in Paris. Between two university years, lectures finish in May, you stop renting your apartment and you go home or go off to do an internship. What can you do with your belongings for these 4 to 6 months?
- You are a young parent and you lack space in your apartment… Sort out what is absolutely necessary and what is less useful now or will be in the future. You entrust these less immediately important items to us, and you gain more room for your little cherub. Likewise, if you want to keep all those toys for the second child due in six months, without cluttering up the elder child’s room… That's the perfect moment to call on KnoxBox.
- You are living in an apartment too small to store your clothes… KnoxBox can become your remote dressing room, at very little cost.
- When moving house, you made a mistake in visualising the space you have, and you need to store something urgently for a short time… KnoxBox will accommodate you in principle for a minimum of three months, but we can also be flexible: we want to make your life easier.
Now, with KnoxBox, you can store absolutely anything* that can be put in a box, as well as furniture, household appliances and/or outsized objects. Don't forget that our especially reinforced boxes designed for storage are included in our prices! Available on the “ORDER" page of our website, in the "OUR BOXES“ tab.
*Exceptions include illegal substances, explosives, foodstuffs and live animals. You can find the complete list in our General Service Conditions (GSC).
HOW IT WORKS
What are the key stages in the KnoxBox service?
Just as when you move house, storage on demand needs to be organised some time in advance – but don't panic: we have thought of everything to make life easier for you.
Stage 1: WE DELIVER THE BOXES
- You know exactly how many boxes you need, and the number and nature of your outsized items. In this case, you can reserve them directly on our website.
- You do not know exactly how many boxes you need, but you know the surface area of your room. In this case, you can also select the spaces presented on our product page (right at the bottom) and you will find four virtual spaces we have especially designed to guide you. NB: this is just to give you an idea, but it has already been carefully studied.
- You have no idea of your requirements. In this case, our customer service is on hand by telephone or email to guide you and fine-tune your request.
The delivery and provision of boxes are included in the price displayed when the order is placed.
Stage 2: YOU BOX YOUR ITEMS
You have 21 days from the delivery of the empty boxes before we come to collect them. This collection service is included in the price displayed when the order is placed on the site (except for outsized items).
It is important to remember that the wrapping conditions are your responsibility, and you should take the greatest possible care to protect your personal items inside the boxes.
Stage 3: COLLECTION
Here again, once you have made an appointment, we collect your filled boxes from your door and store your belongings in our secure warehouse for as long as you want.
The cost of collection and storage for the boxes alone are included in the price of the subscription you have taken out.
However, the transport of outsized objects (furniture, household appliances and/or objects not contained in boxes) is not included in our offer.
Stage 4: RETURNS
Whenever you decide, after the minimum period of three months, we return your boxes within 24 hours after you have made an appointment.
We can return items either to the collection address or to another address, for example if a move or transit is involved. At present, our service covers Paris and the Paris region (inner suburbs).
However, the transport of outsized objects (furniture, household appliances and/or objects not contained in boxes) is not included in our offer.
In all cases, you can benefit from our preferential transportation rates by writing for a quote to email@example.com.
What cities is your service available in?
Our all-inclusive storage on demand offer is currently available throughout Paris and part of its inner suburbs. See if your city is covered.
In what cases can the KnoxBox service be useful
The KnoxBox storage on demand service is useful in various everyday situations, such as:
- During a seasonal rental, so that you can store your belongings safely;
- During major renovation work to protect your belongings and furniture, and avoid any damage to them;
- During a gap between apartments, an internship abroad, an expatriation mission or a one-off assignment far from home;
- If you just want to redecorate your home or rearrange it;
- If you want to have more room and adopt lifestyles like Feng-Shui, Lagom, Hygge or go for a minimalist look;
- If you feel cramped at home, but want to keep various belongings for the future;
- You are thinking of setting up home with your partner and many of your belongings are duplicated, but you want to keep them;
No need to exhaust yourself carrying stuff, making unnecessary journeys, or renting and paying for a utility vehicle! Save time and money while prioritising your favourite activities.
KnoxBox can also adapt to the storage requirements of professionals (archives, small office furniture, old collections, promotional material, temporary clearance).
This is because the problems of space are sometimes identical in certain companies (renovation work, moves, excessive rent or restricted space). Here, KnoxBox offers businesses the same kind of all-inclusive service, but adapted to the way professionals work, particularly as concerns invoicing, VAT and payment deadlines. All the information is presented in the page designed for this purpose: link to landing page
What is the minimum storage period?
The minimum subscription period is one month. In this case, for all storage commitments of less than three months, you pay for the transportation of your belongings. There are several options:
- You want to arrange your own transportation: you book a carrier, and you just tell them the date and place of delivery at our warehouse. You can get this information from our customer service by telephone.
- You would like KnoxBox to take care of everything: contact our customer service for a quote for a storage period of less than three months, and we can organise the transportation. In this case, it will be invoiced according to the relevant conditions in our GSC.
- Lastly, you have the option of dropping off your belongings and collecting them for free in our reception zone, Mondays to Saturdays from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. (by appointment) or benefit from our best prices with partner carriers (write for prices by email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
NB: The special offer “First month for one euro” applies to all new subscribers committing to a minimum storage period of three months.
Is there a minimum number of boxes?
We wanted to make the service as accessible as possible at a very low cost. So to start off the KnoxBox experience, you must give us at least two boxes for a minimum period of three months in order to benefit from the “First month for one euro” introductory offer.
Is there a minimum number for furniture items, household appliances or outsized objects?
As it involves storage on demand, you are the one who decides on the volume of the items you entrust to us. This applies to furniture items, household appliances and outsized objects. So there is no minimum quantity.
NB: Can your furniture be taken apart? Remember to check the measurements of our boxes to ensure that they can contain all the various parts. This means you make extra savings on transportation and storage.
Is there a weight limit for each box?
Yes: for security reasons and so as not to damage the health of our delivery staff, there is an authorised weight limit of 25 kg per box. Above this weight, KnoxBox reserves the right not to accept your belongings. For more details, see our GCS.
How much time do I have to fill my boxes?
As from the date on which the empty boxes are delivered to your home, you have 21 days to fill them and have them collected. For more information, see article 8 of our GCS.
Can I use my own boxes?
Yes: you can instantly estimate the space you need on the “ORDER" page of our site in the "YOUR BOXES“ tab. You will be asked to comply with a few simple rules laid down in our general service conditions (our GCS: packaging requirements) and you should remember not to exceed the limit of 25 kg per box.
How can I assess the number of boxes I need?
In order to estimate the number of boxes required more accurately (to be chosen on the “ORDER" page of our site, "OUR BOXES“ tab), here are a few points that might help you as regards their possible content:
- SMALL FORMAT: 20 small paperback books or 35 graphic novels or 160 CDs or 100 DVDs
- STANDARD: 18 jumpers or 50 small paperbacks or 50 graphic novels or 320 CDs or 200 DVDs
- LARGE FORMAT: 26 jumpers or 2 quilts or 5 pillows
- WARDROBE: 24 shirts or 18 dresses or 6 coats or 8 suits
- ARCHIVES: 5 standard archive boxes or 2 large archive boxes
- TVs/MIRRORS etc.: 1 flat screen or 4 paintings
What should I do if I have ordered more boxes than I need?
It's better to have too many than too few! KnoxBox adjusts the amount of your subscription to the number of boxes you actually entrust to us for storage.
There's just one rule: return the surplus empty boxes (in good condition) to our delivery person when your belongings are collected.
Does KnoxBox provide the boxes?
This is the very principle of storage on demand. We take care of everything, including the provision of boxes, which are included in your subscription.
To this we add other material necessary for the proper protection of your belongings: protective covers, bubble wrap and adhesive tape.
Our boxes are of professional quality, and are also recycled and recyclable, because Knoxbox is totally committed to protecting the environment.
Are your cartons strong and hard-wearing?
Our boxes are reinforced and are especially designed for long-term storage. They are highly resistant and guarantee unequalled protection, so you can fill them with heavy items as well as fragile and delicate ones. They thus can be transported and stored without the risk of any damage to your belongings. They are included in our prices, and are available on the “ORDER" page of our site, in the "OUR BOXES“ tab.
How can I remember the contents of each box?
KnoxBox enables you to organise the management of your belongings very simply from any computer, smartphone or tablet! Describe the content of your boxes in your personal space in the "MANAGE MY BELONGINGS" section, by making an inventory online. You can also add a few photos if you want.
Important to note: this information will remain totally confidential.
Can I remove one or more belongings from any of my boxes?
This is the very principle of storage on demand. You can get a box back or even just an item inside one of them at any time.
For example, if your child is crying because he or she wants an old cuddly toy, you can either:
- Access the content of your boxes at no charge, Mondays to Saturdays from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. in our reception area;
- Or have a box delivered by one of our partner carriers within 24 hours and by appointment, made in your personal space in the section "MANAGE MY BELONGINGS".
In this case: Only the first delivery and first collection of your filled boxes are included in our rates. After that, you will be invoiced separately for additional transportation. For more details, see our .GSC.
What do I do with the boxes after getting my belongings back?
As they are included in the rental rate, the boxes belong to you. We will take them back at no charge if you wish: just make an appointment by writing to email@example.com
What are your delivery times?
- Delivery of flat boxes: between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Mondays to Saturdays
- Collection of boxed belongings: between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Mondays to Saturdays
- Return of your belongings: between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Mondays to Saturdays.
NB: You can deposit, withdraw or consult your belongings in our reception zone, by appointment, between 9.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m., Mondays to Saturdays. Viewings are limited to four per month and three boxes per viewing.
How can I change or cancel a delivery, collection or return appointment?
You can make any changes or cancellations to a delivery of boxes, collection of boxed belongings or return of your items in your personal space, in the section "MANAGE MY BELONGINGS".
You can change or cancel any of these operations at no cost before 1.00 p.m. the day before your appointment. If your delivery is scheduled for a Monday, remember to cancel it before 1.00 p.m. on the Saturday prior.
NB: If you are absent or failed to cancel in due time, you will be invoiced €35 in charges.
I am unable to be there at the delivery time – can I authorise someone else?
Yes, by providing a document authorising the person replacing you, and a copy of your identity papers. This person must also prove their identity.
Can I have several different delivery addresses?
Yes, at each stage of our service (delivery of flat boxes, collection and return of your belongings), the delivery addresses can be different. However, they must always be within our delivery zone. See if your city is covered.
Can I collect my belongings when I want?
Of course, within 24 hours by making an appointment in your personal space in the “MANAGE MY BELONGINGS” section; select the items you wish to collect and schedule their return. You have two options:
- You wish to collect them yourself, or simply take out a few belongings. Your belongings are available Mondays to Fridays from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., and Saturdays from 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. in our reception area. Please note that viewings are limited to four per month and three boxes per viewing.
- You wish our service to deliver them. Your belongings will be delivered to the address of your choice (within our delivery zone) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Mondays to Saturdays.
For the transport of furniture, household appliances and/or outsize objects, you can benefit from our preferential transportation rates shown in the section "PRICES AND CONDITIONS" of our FAQ, under the question “What are your transportation rates?"
What services are included in the prices displayed?
Starting at €10 per month, KnoxBox provides the first month of storage for €1 to new subscribers committing to a minimum of three months, whatever the number of boxes, furniture items, household appliances and/or outsized objects put in storage. Our prices include:
- The delivery of flat boxes to the address of your choice (within our delivery zone);
- Storage boxes (high-quality reinforced boxes available on the “ORDER" page of our site, in the "OUR BOXES“ tab);
- The collection of your filled boxes from your door;
- The secure storage of your belongings;
- Insurance of your belongings by AXA for up to €300 per box;
- The first return of your boxes.
(*) Please note: only the first delivery and first collection of your filled boxes are free of charge. The transportation of your furniture, household appliances and/or outsized objects is not included in our offer.
Which payment methods are accepted by KnoxBox?
We accept Visa and MasterCard; other forms of electronic payments are currently being developed.
Only the first month is payable when the order is placed, then direct debit is used for each month on the same day of the month as the collection date. Your invoices are available each month in your personal space.
Do I pay for the service each month?
Yes: only the first monthly amount is payable when you place the order (€1 for new subscribers), then a direct debit system is set up each month on the same day of the month as the collection date. Your invoices are issued and available each month in your personal space, in the section “ORDER HISTORY AND DETAILS”. You will receive an email each month informing you of their availability.
What are your transportation costs?
Our rates include delivery, the first collection and the first return of your boxes (1). If you don't have a vehicle available to transport your outsize objects or collect your boxes again or you simply want to avoid an exhausting, time-consuming session handling items, you can take advantage of the best prices offered by our partner carriers.
Additional or not-included transportation:
- For boxes (one delivery driver): €30 per journey within a limit of 30 standard boxes.
- For outsized objects (two delivery drivers): €20 per object per journey
How can I cancel my subscription?
You just have to request the final return of your belongings by logging onto your personal space in the section “MANAGE MY BELONGINGS". Choose the (items) you wish to collect and schedule your return appointment.
If you wish to get your belongings back for good before the end of the minimum commitment period of three months, you must pay for the remaining rental period.
Reminder: this storage space will remain allocated to you until the end of your commitment. You can thus store your boxes there again if you want. Each new month rental begun must be paid for in whole. We remind you that the first collection of your filled boxes costs nothing.
I have exceeded the minimum period of commitment – can I collect my belongings during the rental period?
Yes, you can collect your belongings during the rental period, but each new month begun will be invoiced to you. Be sure to note the end date of your contract!